Mark your calendar for these fun events at Antelope Butte Mountain Recreation Area!
Vintage Nordic Ski Race – March 2, 2019
WEAR YOUR VINTAGE GEAR!
The more Nordic the sweater, the better!
- 5k Race Begins at 10:00 a.m. The entry fee is $15.00.
- 10 and under race at 11:00 a.m. Entry is FREE.
- Medals for top 3 finishers for each gender
- Prizes to be raffled following the races
- Register at the Sheridan Recreation District 1579 Thorne-Rider Park or at SheridanRecreation.com
- Proceeds go to Antelope Butte Nordic Ski Team
Introduction to Snow Sport Instructing
March 2 - 3, 2019
When: Saturday, March 2nd, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, March 3rd, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Antelope Butte Mountain Recreation Area (28 Forest Service Road 244, Shell, WY)Meet at the "Base Camp" (yurt).
Who: Ages 14 and older are invited to participate
What: Eliza Kuntz and Chay Donnely are excited to spend the weekend at Antelope Butte, introducing folks to the amazingly rewarding profession of snowsports instruction! Representing the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI), this duo is prepared to facilitate two days of instruction, not only in regards to your personal riding technique, but will introduce the teaching progressions for you to be a successful instructor, as well as give you tips and tricks to managing school groups, understanding various learning styles, and strategies for providing a safe and fun learning environment.
Sign up: Register here.